On the 1st September, Cr David Morrison and Ipswich Cares Inc President Steve Hodgson will once again lead a team of walkers and runners on a 50km walk/run from Rosewood to Springfield Central.
In its 9th year the run/walk raises awareness of the IPSWICH CARES initiative which challenges businesses, residents and friends of Ipswich to donate and raise funds to assist Ipswich Cares Inc in making a difference by supporting humanitarian needs and projects.
Since 2007 IPSWICH CARES has helped fulfil the following projects:
- 2007 PHILIPPINES – helped a village called Legaspi that was covered by a mud slide
- 2008 ETHIOPIA – helped provide an Education Resource Centre
- 2009 NORTHERN INDIA – helped deliver a kitchen, dining hall and solar energy to an orphanage
- 2010 Bangladesh – help deliver fresh drinking water to a village
- 2011 Rwanda – Helped setup a piggery
- 2012 – Fresh Water Filters
- 2013 – Fresh Water Filters and Educate Nepal
- 2014 – Fresh Water Filters, a school and medical centre in Mozambique as well as renovating a playground at the House Of Love, situated in the Garbage Village in Egypt.
- 2015 – Fresh Water Filters and a school building project in Bali
- 2016 – Fresh Water Filters aswell as a water project in Ukraine and funding water tanks in a village in Bali
In 2017, IPSWICH CARES INC plans to help fund a project which will establish a safe water supply for children in Kupang, Indonesia. We are also looking to support a range of schools, churches and organisations in completing both local and overseas humanitarian projects over the next year
Anyone can join the walk which leaves Rosewood at around 5am and finishes around 5pm at Orion Town Centre Springfield Central. The run leaves at the same time however arrives back much earlier. You can register to join the walk or run and fundraise or show your support by donating to a walker/runner.
The launch of IPSWICH CARES 2017 will be at a formal dinner at the Spring Lake Hotel on Wednesday 30th August, 2017.
We’ll be entertained by Peter Shurley, who is a multi-award winning singer, songwriter and instrumentalist as well as crowd favourites Jono & Jodie Geange from 3rdAbove. We’ll also be remembering and honouring one of the founding members and former treasurer of Ipswich Cares Inc, Louise Clews. Secure a ticket for $100 or $1,000 for a Table of 10. Call 3818 3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your tickets or table today.